Driven to Deliver :: Who We Are | Safety | Standards and Requirements - United Vision
Rigorous Safety Requirements - Compliance, Safety and Accountability (CSA) Compliant
Our drivers are best-in-class, meeting CDL license requirements and upholding safe driving records. Each of our drivers also has verifiable employment histories and experience and undergoes drug testing, medical examinations, and a criminal background check.
In addition to ongoing preventative maintenance, our vehicles receive biannual DOT maintenance inspections from an approved, independent and qualified vendor.
We are committed to continually improving our safety offerings with a focus on the CSA safety improvement categories.
Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs):
- Unsafe Driving: Speeding, reckless driving, improper lane change, inattention
- Fatigued Driving: Hours-of-service, logbook violations
- Driver Fitness: Missing CDL, medical qualification
- Alcohol, Drugs: Impairment by alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Vehicle Maintenance: Failure to make repairs: brakes, lights, other mechanical defects
- Cargo Securement: Shifting, spilled, dropped cargo; size-weight violations; unsafe hazmat handling
- Crash History: Frequency, severity of DOT-defined crashes